Feed on
Posts
Comments

After my husband played Metal Gear Solid 3 he asked “How does it taste?” about just about everything for a few months afterward.  So yep, this is all about PF Chang’s frozen dinners and “How does it taste?”

Well, let’s start with the basics.  All these dinners are pretty pricey.  I’ve gotten them from Kroger and Harris Teeter and they were $9.99 at both grocery stores.  I’ve read online that they come as cheap as $7.50 but that’s still a bit steep.  I can get the Trader Joe’s “Trader Ming’s” orange chicken for about $5 a bag, and I make 4 servings out of the Trader Joe’s, because the sauce packets are separate you can make up only a half-bag if you want.  The PF Chang’s bags have the sauce in cubes all mixed in with the veggies and meat so it would be very hard to separate it out.

The dinners are pretty easy to make, and fairly quick.  Most of them have the base instructions of just throw in a pan (I use a wok) at medium-high heat for 12 minutes, cover and stir occasionally.  They don’t come with any rice, so sometimes I start up some steamed rice before starting the entree.  They’re supposed to be 2 servings but with rice it could easily be split up into 3 or 4.

Orange Chicken

This one turned out pretty good, and fairly close to the restaurant’s orange chicken.  It’s hard not to compare this one to Trader Joe’s since we do eat that one quite often.  It certainly doesn’t have the crispiness that  Trader Joe’s has, but it’s still good.  The PF Chang’s might be nice every now and then especially because it’s got some veggies in there that Trader Joe’s doesn’t have in theirs, but I think we’ll stick with Trader Joe’s most of the time.  I think the carrots and water chestnuts turned out well, but I’m not hot on edamame.  At 450 calories per serving (not including any rice you might add) it’s also one of the heavier entrees they offer.

Orange Chicken

Beef with Broccoli

This one wasn’t quite as good as the orange chicken.  The broccoli came out soft and overcooked, probably because of being frozen.  I don’t think broccoli reheats very well after freezing.  The meat also seemed extremely fatty.  I had a bit of bone fragment in mine as well.  Again the meal was extremely filling, especially when you add the rice.  I don’t think I’ll buy this one again, since I make a pretty good beef and broccoli anyway.

General Chang’s Chicken

My favorite so far.  You probably don’t need steamed rice with this one, since it’s 410 calories per serving with just the meat/veggies/sauce, and completely filling anyway.  This is P.F. Chang’s version of General Tso’s chicken.   The sauce in it was spicy for a frozen Chinese dinner.  I think the sauce was the best part of it.  There was broccoli in it, again not as crisp and fresh as I would like, and red peppers, which my husband hates (but I love).  But the sauce and the chicken were just great.  I would get this one again, though not often, because it still is quite expensive for a frozen meal.

General Chang’s Chicken

Sweet and Sour Chicken

My husband’s favorite.  Again at 410 calories per serving, I thought it would be filling already, so I didn’t make any steamed rice with it.  But my husband said he would have preferred some rice with this one, to help soak up all the sauce.  I ate all the bell pepper bits in the bag, since he doesn’t like them.  Again it doesn’t have the crispiness that chicken made separate from the sauce would have, but it’s still good.  It’s my second best behind the General Chang’s chicken.  I made it again 2 weeks later, this time with rice, and I still like it.

Sweet and Sour Chicken (rice not included)

Shanghai Style Beef

I liked this one a lot better than the beef with broccoli.  I’m sure they probably use the same kind of beef in both, but at least this one didn’t have any bone pieces in it.  Still pretty fatty though.  The sauce in this one is great though, almost as good as the General’s chicken.  It comes with some string beans, red peppers and onions.  The string beans may have gotten overcooked (I do always follow the directions) because they weren’t very crisp at all.  They kind of squeaked when I ate them.  I always like red peppers but the texture is never the same after they’re frozen.  And I think the onions in this were better than in others, though they should be the same.  It’s really the sauce that makes this one great though.  This one is one of the leaner ones at only 320 calories per serving, and I think we’ll be getting this one again in the future.

Shanghai Style Beef (rice not included)

Ginger Chicken and Broccoli

The ginger chicken and broccoli cooks up similar to the rest, covered on medium high for 10 minutes and then uncovered for 3 minutes.  I had never tried this one in the restaurant so I can’t compare how the frozen tastes to it.  But I didn’t like this one much.  The sauce isn’t spicy at all.  The broccoli, as with the rest, always gets pretty mushy and bland.  The chicken is pretty much the same as the rest, but without a good sauce it’s really not worth it.  This one is a bit lighter than some, at 320 calories per serving.  But since we had a guest over I split it up between 3, and added some rice.  As usual I ate the red peppers from my husband’s dish.

Ginger Chicken and Broccoli (rice not included)

Shrimp Lo Mein

I should start out by saying I’m not much of a shrimp person.  I’ll eat it, but it’s not something I would seek out the way I do with some ribs, or a good steak.  But I figured for OCD sake I should probably review all the varieties.  The noodles in this one cook up surprisingly well.  Most frozen noodles never reheat quite right, but these aren’t bad at all.  The veggies featured in this one were bok choy, celery, carrots and mushrooms.  I think it could have used less celery, and more bok choy and mushrooms.  The shrimp wasn’t really cooked the way I like it.  I like my shrimp very well cooked, usually hibachi style so that it’s almost a little burnty on the outside, or breaded and fried.  These ones just got boiled up which made them soft and chewy.  I thought the sauce was a bit bland, especially compared to some of the better sauces like in the General Chang’s chicken.  This one had 360 calories per serving, and I didn’t serve it with rice because it already had noodles in it.  This one had a crazy amount of salt in it, I guess to make up for the blandness.  We won’t be getting this one again.

Shrimp Lo Mein

Garlic Chicken with Dan Dan Noodles

Nearly a year after the original frozen entrees came out, in August 2011 I found some new selections at my local Kroger.  The $9.99 is still a bit pricy for these in my opinion, but I wanted to finish reviewing the rest of them

This entree features large strips of chicken, a mildy spicy garlic sauce, spaghetti (though they call it “Dan Dan Noodles”), bok choy and yellow bell peppers.  The directions are quite simple, just toss it all into a pan and cook on medium high for 6 minutes covered, then 6 minutes uncovered.  I decided not to make any rice with this, since it already came with noodles.  The results were quite meager though, at only 380 calories per serving, this little heap of noodles looked quite pathetic in the bowls.  The flavor was quite good though.  I was considering adding soy sauce because it was looking pretty bland, but after tasting it, the garlic sauce had a nice flavorful spice to it.  I liked the yellow peppers, though they did get a bit soggy after cooking, and the leafy bok choy wasn’t as crisp as it would have been fresh, but I didn’t mind it.  I think the sauce is really what carried this dish.  I wouldn’t mind having it again.

Garlic Chicken with Dan Dan Noodles

Grilled Chicken Teriyaki with Lo Mein Noodles

I guess the new PF Chang’s are all about noodles.  Maybe too many people complained they didn’t come with rice or anything.  The grilled chicken teriyaki comes with “lo mein noodles” but they looked and tasted exactly like the dan noodles to me.  This one’s got pineapple chunks, onions, and red bell peppers in it too.  It cooked up quickly, in 11 minutes without any additional boiling off of the sauce necessary.  The serving size was a little small on this one, only 350 calories per serving and looked even smaller in the dish than the previous meal.  My husband hated all the red peppers in it and he was constantly throwing them into my bowl.  I liked it well enough, but I thought it was lacking veggies in general.  It could have used some water chestnuts and sugar snap peas.  The flavor was good, a nice, thick teriyaki sauce, but it wasn’t as good as some of their other sauces.  The grilled chicken was a bit different than their normal chicken too, it had an odd texture that seemed like it belonged more in a cold salad.  I didn’t like this one as much, and my husband wouldn’t want it again because of the excessive bell peppers.

Chicken and Vegetable Dumplings

They make a variety of appetizers now, including these Chicken and Vegetable dumplings with bok choy, shiitake mushrooms and their “signature sauce” packet. Honestly I can’t tell the difference between their signature sauce and regular ol’ soy sauce, so I’m not even sure why they bothered to include it in the package. The directions for cooking these up include skillet, oven and microwave cooking, but not steaming. I usually steam the frozen dumplings I get from Trader Joe’s, and they turn out pretty good that way, so I’m not sure why there’s no steaming directions for the PF Chang’s ones. The skillet method was recommended on the back, so that’s what I did. I followed the directions starting out, with 1 tbsp. vegetable oil, 1/2 cup water in a covered skillet for 8 minutes on medium-high heat. I’m not sure what they meant by “medium-high” so I put it at about medium, thinking perhaps my stovetop might get hotter than most. After 8 minutes went by I took off the cover and started turning them, but most of them were pretty burned on the bottom already. I was supposed to continue turning and cooking them another 3 minutes, but I think I only made it 2 minutes before I decided they were burned enough.

Despite the burning, they were still pretty good dumplings. Better than the pork or vegetable ones they have at Trader Joe’s. But I think the cooking directions definitely need to be modified. I think next time what I’ll do is pan fry them for maybe 4-5 minutes until they get a nice brown bottom, then put them in a steamer for another 5 minutes or so.

Chicken and Vegetable Dumplings

58 Responses to “P.F. Chang’s Frozen Entrees: How does it taste?”

1. Laura says:

Thanks for the review. My husband tried the beef with broccoli tonight and really enjoyed it, though he wasn’t impressed with the beef either. He did think the sauce was quite good and the texture of the broccoli wasn’t bad.

• Aurelio says:

I agree too. I just had the peppered beef and the sauce was amazing, and the noodles too. The beef had a good flavor but was weird from being frozen I think. I’d get that sauce vegetarian if they have it and add my own! It was fast and awesome, and the beef flavored things real good but I’d still do my own meat if I could.

2. Stephanie says:

We made the shrimp lo mein tonight, and it was awsome. I get them at walmart and they are generally a few dollars cheaper than they are at Harris Teeter.

I liked the ginger chicken and broccoli too, although it’s not quite as good as the one you get in the resturant…..

3. April says:

The Beef with Broccoli was disgusting. It tasted nothing like the resturants…the sauce was totally different and the beef was like rubber. I would never buy it again, nor recommend it.

4. pam says:

Tried the Shanghai Beef for dinner tonight…or, shall I say, after tasting the Shanghai Beef we had grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner. This stuff is awful. The beef was so fatty I didn’t even want to swallow it. Don’t waste your money.

5. Joy says:

I tried the Orange Chicken. I really liked it but I thought the sauce was a little too sweet and there was too much of it. Next time, I’m going to probably take out 1/3 of the sauce blocks before cooking. I think this will cut down considerably on the calories as well. We don’t have a P.F. Changs where I live so it’s been awhile since I’ve been to one, so I’m not going to compare them to the restaurant versions. Comparing to other frozen meals though, I think they’re much better quality. I paid $7.99 but I just found $2 off coupons which I think make it a great deal at $5.

6. paul Bergeron says:

Product “sweet and sour chicken” was colorful and tasty however it was skimpy on the chicken (8 Chunks) I suggest charging a buck more and increase the meat portion. also tried the shrimp lo mein try a better quality shrimp possibly burrerfly a larger size shrimp and charge a bit more these are suggestions only thanks you are on the rite track

• Eric says:

I agree, they definitely skimp on the chicken and say this is two servings. They should really call it Sweet & Sour Pineapple with a taste of chicken. It’s a complete rip off for $7.50. Needless to say PF won’t be getting any more of my money.

7. Janet says:

Thanks for your work here! I just tried the Shrimp Lo Mein tonight with a large batch of rice and put the Lo Mein on top. We split it between my family of four and it was great! Everybody loved it and I’m so looking forward to trying the Orange Chicken and General Chang’s Chicken!! Thanks again!

8. Eric says:

I love P.F. Changs, mainly because I can identify the meats that they cook with in the restaurant and they taste great. The Beef? with Broccoli was absolutely disgusting. I don’t know what mystery meat the Chefs used in this version of BWB but I can tell you it is NOT the same cut used in the restaurants. Do you know what someone with COPD sounds like when they are trying to cough something up? Well, the beef in this frozen dinner is what I would imagine comes out of a life-long smoker when they finally hock up a nice one.

• stephanie v says:

Eric, that was just NASTY. I love BWB and like changs version.there’s no way it could compare with fresh meat,but it’s still good.I am about to cook BWB in fact in a few mins LOL.. that was nasty,yah know I am a smoker trying to quit and that was all around gross and offensive!

• that guy says:

Eric, its 2012 now, and i have to say that what you posted here in 2010 is , unfortunately , still the truth! After trying this BWB, i was soooooo dissapionted…. i got online for some therapy. I just knew i’d find a review that articulated the way I felt. The BWB missed the mark, but your review hit the spot! Ps.- The sauce was ok… but I cant say I enjoyed the broccoli very much, and I havent tried any other of their meals.

9. bob says:

By far the best Asian style frozen entree’s on the market…

10. Krystal says:

I have to say the Chang Chicken is really good. I tried the orange chicken, and the sauce was disgusting, but perhaps its just orange chicken I dont like.

11. Alan says:

Don’t bother. My spouse and I have been going to PF Changs for years. THeir food is nothing less than excellent. We live in New YOrk City and since there are no PF CHANGS in Manhattan (hint, hint), we decided to purchase two of the frozen dinners and try it out. We were not expecting it to be nearly as good as the fresh meal we would purchase at a PF Chang restaurant, but we were hopeful it would be good.
    We were wrong. First off, one of the meals is not enough for two people. We bought two of the frozen entrees a chicken and the shrimp. There was very little shrimp. THere was more in the way of chicken, but both had more vegetables than anything else. And, as for the taste, well I would have been better off taking my $16. ($7.99 for each entree), going to the local chinese restaurant and getting some take home.
    it was O.K. but not great, and not worth $16.

12. Mavina says:

The sweet and sour chicken was horrible-NOTHING like the restaurant. Dont waste your money.

• Lwellsnyc says:

Just triend the PF Chang Sweet and Sour Chicken, and it’s quite mushy and has almost no recognizable chicken in it. The flavor is great, but…where’s the meat?

13. Barb says:

I am a HUGE PF Changs fan and tried the Shrimp Lo Mein tonight. 1000 mg. of sodium per serving scared me, but I forged ahead. The meal was tasty, but not something I’d do again. I’ll put my $9.99 toward a real entree from PF Changs next time … no one can recreate their food. Not even them!

14. carol says:

no more frozen for me but think the food is great in any of their restaurants ….please open one in Manhattan.
    Message to the China Town lover. THE PLACE TURNS MY STOMACH.

15. Grace says:

Just tried the orange chicken and I wished I can get my refund from Sam’s. No fozen food>>>

16. teresa says:

Ditto on the orange chicken…it was nasty. Chicken did not taste of anything but chewy dough. I live so far from any PF Changs that I get such cravings that it is my first stop out for dinner. I saw the ads and said “mistake”. Just tried it and ouch so full of sugar and no way to bake or stir fry as it is all mixed together into one gooey sweet mess. ugh. I won’t ever buy one of these PF Chang dinners again. Money back? Just rather get a coupon to dine at PR Changs which is my fav chain.

17. laura says:

Awful, PF should not have went frozen. Very bad idea. Really liked the restaurant and felt douped by the 10.00 frozen meal that was so awfull it made me and my spouce sick.

I wrote the company and told them how awful it was and
    they sent me a coupon for another free awfull meal. WOW!
    Thanks PF.

Laura

• stephanie v says:

Learn how to spell SPOUSE.

I wrote them telling them how well we LIKED the food.I was sent a $2 coupon. so mehhh,your not too special :P

18. John says:

Very, very horrible. I can’t believe they can even label this as food. It comes out more like a soupy mixture that is simply soggy at best. Even if the taste was there, its not a meal for two… its not hardy, these are probably the lowest grade vegetable and shrimp combo I’ve ever tasted. I also have bad indigestion from it.

19. Caroline says:

Why is the orange chicken noticeably spicy now? Please, someone inform me!

20. Caroline says:

I don’t understand all the complaints. I think they’re very misleading to newcomers. The meat is nothing like mystery meat! That’s one of the dinner’s strongest points. Plus, you can find dinners in the P.F. Chang’s frozen line that have a reasonable calorie count. And though they might be pricey for some, they could serve two people. Aside from what I think is newfound spiciness in the orange chicken, I have nothing but nice things to say about this frozen dinner line.

• stephanie v says:

Ty Caroline I completely agree! Guys I am a frugal living writer I am telling you,unless you eat like a PIG this meal is for TWO.As americans we need to watch how much we eat as it is,and the meat is sub par to FRESH meat.But if your looking for fresh stay out of the frozen isle and get your butt in the kitchen to prepare RAW foods!

• Caroline says:

Yeah, right on, Stephanie!

• rachel says:

this meal is NOT for two. and its offensive this “woman” said unless you eat like a pig, it is. It is NOT. I do not eat like a pig, and this meal barely feeds one. When I make it its almost gone once one person has taken their small amount.
        Stop making insane comments.

21. Tabatha says:

I am completely hooked on the general changs chicken. omg, my husband and i both are totally in love with it. ive never tasted of anything so good that was frozen, and i do buy a lot of frozen dinners. this is the only one i have tried. when i go to buy a different kind i always end up with the general changs chicken because its to good to try anything else. i think the chicken is so juicy and delicious. the broccoli always turns out so good in mine, i do like it a lil on the soft side. anyway, the sauce makes this frozen dinner the best ever. if you are going to try a frozen dinner from p.f. chang then please go with the general changs chicken first.

22. S Rice says:

I have tried several and really have enjoyed them. Great quality!

23. David says:

Beef with broccoli-

Nice flavor & texture. Do we need this much sodium & sugar? Would pair well with a rice side, to absorb the extra sauce.

Orange chicken-

Seriously, why is this not marketed as a dessert? I’m sure no amount of rice (not included) could make up for the ridiculous sweetness.

24. Sean says:

I too love PF Changs and so far have tried the Shanghai Style Beef and the Sweet and Sour chicken (both served with white rice) and thought they were both pretty damn good for a frozen entree.

Some of these reviewers act as if they’re expecting to get resturant quality ingredients out of a meal in a bag. It is what it is and I, for one, think they’re better than any other similar frozen entrees.

The only word of warning is it is BARELY enough for 2 servings. In fact, both of the meals I’ve had I’ve polished off myself in one sitting. I definitely could’ve stopped but I think had I only eaten half I would still be hungry.

Great reviews BTW!

25. KC says:

I have tried most of the new P.F. Changs Frozen entrees and I have liked everyone that I have tried. It is hard making the meal stretch between two people, especially because my boyfriend likes to eat a lot. What I typically do is make steamed rice, egg rolls or szechuan string beans with it which helps make it a more filling meal. I like the shrimp lo mein primarily because I like the noodles- the shrimp could defiantly be better as far as size and type. I also liked both the beef and broccoli and the shanghai style beef which I thought were very good for being frozen. All in all we have eaten these meals at least twice a month since we had first gotten them and have had mainly positive results.

26. dave says:

RIP-OFF ALERT!!!!!! I bought the Gen. Tsao’s which is spicy (if you don’t like spicy you may find it too much so) and OK, but the most important thing you should know is that they totally screw you with their frozen meals!!

You need to go to PF Chang’s for dinner and spend the money! You’ll get more for your dollar than their frozen meals, which couldn’t adequately feed one half of a person ( I’m 6 foot 175 lbs. and not even a big eater), let alone the 2 that they claim. If you go in person, based on the amount they give you for one entree (around 13.99), it would most accurately equal three to four frozen packages worth of beef or chicken (anywhere from 30 to 40 dollars based on where you shop)

Ok, so after tossing some of the broccoli they throw in there (I don’t need 75 pieces of broccoli in a chicken entree), the entire package maybe fills a regular sized cereal bowl. Go to eat in person. DO NOT BUY their frozen products, you will not be left full, and feel screwed over the exorbitant price for what you get.

27. Tina Haze says:

I had the beef with the broccile.. There was too much fat on the meat and didn’t taste near or as good as the restaurants food.. So i suggest you put a few more minutes in your day and actually go to the restaurant.

28. B says:

This is not even close to PF Chang food. Ive eaten there for over seven yrs…ten dollar frozen ramen….so embarrassed I recommended u ever! Gross….

29. sborg says:

Ok. So this will be slightly off-message.
    PF Chang food in the restaurant is fair. Lots of sodium; ordered a chicken dish and got PF Changs variation on McNuggets.
    But, here’s the great part of the last experience: It was Happy Hour and our very competent server brought us the Happy Hour menu. Wait for the drum roll (no pun intended)… And the menu was labeled – Liquids and Solids.
    Waste Management must have collaborated on that piece of genius marketing.
    Anyway, just a quick laugh.

30. Thisfrom_now_on says:

We just tried the BWB and loved it! I cooked it in a flat skillet (per America’s Test Kitchen it is better than wok for American stoves – more heat contact with food) and slightly lower heat to melt everything and gently warm the food. I turned the heat up slightly once all was thawed out and stirred every two to four minutes. I am sure I cooked it a little longer than specified but not by much. The broccoli was not mushy and the meat was very good, not fatty.
    Note – I would never cook this in the microwave. Ever.
    I do not care if it is like eating PF Chang restaurant or not – too far away and far more expensive than anything near us. This frozen meal is the best tasting frozen Chinese I have ever had.
    Also, I am going to add sliced water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and maybe a little red pepper flake next time.

Since we have the worst and/or most expensive Chinese food where we are, this is actually a cheaper, better tasting alternative for us. One bag was enough for the two of us and there were seconds for my husband. I will make an appetizer of some sort to have to help fill us up. Just like eating out for us.

31. tapugh says:

This food was the worst ever. I have tried two of the entrees and they are both so cloying sweet that I couldn’t even finish my meal. I have been to the local PF
    chang restaurant several times and couldn’t believe they would put their name on the crap that came out of the bag.

32. guudkarma says:

we tried the teriyaki with noodles and it was totally NOT tolerable. it had a LOT of pieces of pineapple… maybe that was the taste? i have never tasted anything like it and cannot adequately describe the taste except awful… maybe it tastes like dog poop smells?

it was expensive for something that tasted AWFUL. and by awful, i mean AWFUL. It makes me NOT wanna go to the restaurant because i have read the reviews and it seems like you are comparing these frozen meals to the restaurant and apparently it is close. all i can say is eeeewwwww x 100.

33. Toootlava says:

I am sitting and eating the Garlic Chicken with Dan Dan Noodles. I just ate 3/4 of it by myself. I agree that it was a little pricey. For $10 I could have gone to the local chinese restaurant and not dirtied up a pan. It doesn’t taste as good as the P.F. Chang’s restaurant, obviously, but it IS better than the local chinese restaurant because I at least have some idea of calorie count and the quality of chicken in the package was not bad. Taste wise, it just seems like generic american chinese food, which I do occasionally get a craving for. Not sure if I would get this again. This would be a great value if it legitimately fed 2-3 people, but I am a small woman, and I’m pretty close to polishing off the whole thing all myself. I thought this would be a great alternative when my hubby is out of town and don’t want to cook up a big meal, but for 10 bucks, i’ll probably just hit up a local restaurant at least have left overs for the next day.

34. robyn says:

THANK YOU for reviewing all of the PF Changs frozen dishes! WOW, I’ve been scouring the web for reviews – and you did all of them in one blog entry! I was planning on trying one or two this weekend since I have some coupons to use and your post (and the comments) have guided me away from the beef dishes. I hope I enjoy them as much I expect, thanks!!

35. Susan Burman says:

We moved from Arizona to Oregon (which is heavenly, but no PF Chang’s in Southern Oregon.) I was delighted to find the frozen Shanghai Beef and Chicken with Ginger and Broccoli. They were both so great, just like being at PF Chang’s. Best frozen food I’ve ever eaten, and I don’t think there were any preservatives. I loved them both. My husband thought the chicken dish could have been spicier. Just have to make rice next time.
    Thanks, they are great!

36. MARGIE says:

HAD THE SEAFOOD DUMPLINGS. THE INSIDE TEXTURE WAS TOO MUSHY INSTEAD OF TASTING PIECES OF FISH AND SHRIMP, IT LOOKED LIKE A MASH. NEVER AGAIN.

37. Valerie says:

The Shanghai beef meal was pretty good for a frozen meal. I add sliced baby bella mushrooms at the beginning, turned out good. Just tried the Orange chicken, do not waste your money. Besides the chicken being really squishy, the orange flavor was very bitter, not good at all. (BTW tried adding soy sauce and/or sambal to cover the bitterness- did not help)

38. Tammy says:

I like the beef and broccoli meal. The beef isn’t the highest quality and is a little fatty, but let’s face it, we are shopping in the frozen food aisle at Target! LOL! I add extra fresh broccoli to mine and and I really like it. However, I must say that I just tried the spring rolls (both the teriyaki chicken and the general changs chicken) and they are TERRIBLE! I will never buy either of them again! So be forewarned if you are looking to pick these up! It’s better to skip this appetizer and just have a salad!

39. PF Chang says:

i work at the Unilever factory that makes these frozen meals. just want to say im glad most people seem to like the product, because that means i can continue to work here. also wanted to let the consumers know that PF chang is very perticular about the product that is used in these meals. we are required to buy all the product from them so it will be as authentic as possible. which is why the price is probably so high, coz i agree its pricey! Thanks and please continue to buy and support our product.

40. Jon Walters says:

I had the first Frozen dinner from Changs Noodle selection bought at Publix=> the meat?? looked more like someone had chewed on a piece of tough steak for a long, long , long, long time and still was a lump of ugly,stringy blob (and still tuff)-looking something. I do not believe I have ever seen a piece of beef like that- some other substitute must be ok in Changland. You can mess with me once but not ever again.
    What happened to the U.S. food inspectors?

41. AJ says:

I’ve only had the Orange Chicken. It’s terrible. Tastes like chicken with marmalade and chili sauce. Trader’s Joe’s orange chicken is definitely better. It has no veggies, but I’d rather warm up some frozen veggies or add a salad than eat PF Chang’s frozen orange chicken again.

42. Hanna says:

I had the orange chicken earlier today and have spent the rest of my day throwing up :( Never again, I obviously HIGHLY recommend another dinner choice.

43. chris says:

had the beef version tonight, and was so disgusted with it I put over half the dinner in the garbage.

ate the green beans out of it along with the rice, but the meat was fatty and two of the larger pieces had visible and very chewey vessels.

fairly surprised, as I’ve had the dinners before and thought they were decent.

44. Phil says:

After seeing the PF Chang frozen meals at Target for sometime I finally bought one to try out. I had been reluctant to buy them in the past because of the price. I made the had the Shanghai Style Beef tonight and very disappointed. Like the other posters wrote, the meat was just horrible and inedible. The green beans were good, but after a few bites I just put it in the garbage. For roughly the same amount of money I could have gone to Panda Express and had a better meal.

45. J.J. says:

I’ve tried 4 of these frozen meals and I’ve been to to P.F.Changs more than enough to know they they do NOT taste the same…PLEASE stop making these. EVERY one of these frozen meals have the same taste. You’re making a bad name for yourself!!! People that have never been to your establishment won’t go if they have tried this “food”. Leave the frozen food to Stouffers…let people enjoy the real thing and stop trying to make more money than you need!!!

46. Jones sabo says:

I was looking through some of your blog posts on this website and I think this website is real instructive! Keep on posting.

47. Ashley Dixon says:

I have tried most of these meals, and have a trick to making them taste better and improve the texture of the meals. I take out all but a couple of the sauce “blocks” prior to cooking. I cook the meals in a wok or large frying pan, with a small amount of olive oil or grapeseed oil, until the veggies are “al dente” and then add more of the sauce blocks stirring frequently. I have never used all of the sauce blocks as they tend to over-sauce the meals. This also cuts down considerably on calories, carbs and fat, while allowing the veggies and meat to cook in such a way as to preserve a palatable texture. Try it….it does seem to make them taste, look and “feel” much fresher and delicious.